Perhaps you’ve heard Reese Witherspoon has a book club. Or maybe not. I’ve found some of these books kept coming across my radar so I decided I was going to read all of the books from the past selections and maybe eventually read the newer picks as they happen when I’m able to get them from the library. I don’t think I’ll be buying them as I have limited funds because books aren’t cheap, yo. But first I wanted to provide a link to the full list. And then discuss briefly each book I’ve read… minus one because that will be my review for the week!
Here is a link to all of the past selections along with the one for August 2019.
The books I’ve read from this list are:
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware- Typical Ware. Some people dislike this author, but I didn’t mind this book too much. Actually I’m pretty sure I’m thinking of Into the Water by Paula Hawkins that I really liked. I believe this one is about a beach and a body is found? I’m not sure. Probably not the worst thriller I read, but I won’t be recommending it highly.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng- I liked Ng’s first book better, just because I thought the story was so beautiful. This one was pretty good. I’m not sure what to state… some people love it.
- The Last Mrs Parrish by Liv Constantine- A thriller I loved. I tend to inhale thrillers and then really love them. This is one I don’t want to spoil. But I didn’t see a lot of the twists and turns in this book. Can’t recommend enough.
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Bali Kaur Jaswall- The first book I read because of Reese. A super interesting look into a different culture. This book has aspects many readers can enjoy romance, family, mystery… yeah I stole that from the website because I have no original thoughts.
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens- Review coming this week! I’ll just say I see why people like it, but I’m not as obsessed.
Have you read any of these? If so, what are your thoughts? I’d love to have people to read with as well so let me know if you want to buddy read any of the books on the list.