No one tagged me to do this, but I took it from Kitty over at Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner. I’ve wanted to do a tag post for awhile, and this one seems perfect to me. I’m not even sure who I would tag, but I’m tagging Amber at amberinoface and Holly at Holly Reads A lot.
So here are all of the questions from the tag:
1. What is the longest amount of time you can comfortably go without picking up a book?
2. How many books do you carry on your person (or kindle) at any one time?
3. Do you keep every book you buy/receive or are you happy to pass them on to make space for more?
4. How long would you spend in a bookshop on a standard visit?
5. How much time per day do you actually spend reading?
6. Where does the task ‘picking up a book’ appear on your daily to-do list?
7. How many books do you reckon you own in total (including e-books)?
8. Approximately how often do you bring up books in conversation?
9. What is the biggest book (page count) you have finished reading?
10. Is there a book you had to get your hands on against all odds (i.e searching bookshops, online digging, etc.)?
11. A book you struggled to finish but refused to DNF?
12. What are 3 of your main book goals for 2019?
13. Have you ever had the privilege of converting someone into a reader (maybe via inspiration or incessant nagging)?
14. Describe what books mean to you in five words.
- I try not to go to long without reading because it’s so important to me. The longest I can go now is a few days at most. There was a time period when I wasn’t reading a lot. Right after Ever was born, I had no time and it was depressing. So I have gone weeks, but now it’s days before I lose my mind.
- I have my phone with me at all times so I have the Kindle app or Libby at all times. I currently have about 20 NetGalley books, 9 Kindle Unlimited Books, and another 100 or so random books on my Kindle. Oops.
- I read my books and usually donate them to other people when I am done unless they are favorite books. They usually go to Ethan’s sister or I post them for free online for people to pick up. I have piles of unread books the way it is. I’m trying not to hoard too many.
- I could spend all day in a book shop if I’m alone. But I have a baby and impatient partner after a certain amount of time so I’m not sure how long it would be now. Probably about twenty minutes before someone had a melt down. But if I’m alone, I’m savoring the books and taking my sweet time.
- I spend a lot of my time reading when I can. If I’m able, it’s all I do. But I do have a six month old so I don’t always have time to read. I read while he’s playing or napping. And when he’s in bed. So I guess I read about four hours a day or so. That’s on a good day though.
- I want to read all of the time so I have my iPad or iPhone nearby. I’ve been mostly ereading lately. I have a lot of books to read, but ebooks are easiest at this point.
- Probably around 200. Give or take a few.
- It’s all I talk about besides my cats, baby, or Hulu shows. I don’t really have an enthralling life.
- I read IT a few years ago. I don’t think I’ve read anything larger than that. I did read some of the GoT books, but I gave up because there was too much to keep track of.
- I usually preorder all Sarah j Maas and Cassandra Clare books no matter what.
- I can’t recall… but I’m a major fan of DNF now because my time is precious, and I’m not going to waste it on books I don’t enjoy.
- Become a better book blogger, read more romance, and stop being scared to try new books. I’ve been decent about meeting my goals this year.
- I’m hoping Ever will want to be a reader because he sees me read all of the time. So I’m hoping he’s a future convert.
- Happiness. Important. Fulfilling. Enjoyment. Life.
This was a fun Tag. Anyone who wants to do it, I’d love to see your answers so comment below if you do the tag.
Until I rant about books again,